Free School Meals
Are you entitled?
Tower Hamlets have provided the school with updates regarding those students entitled to Free School Meals (FSM).
To find out whether or not your child/ren is/are entitled to FSM we encourage you to use the online Free School Meals Eligibility Checker using the link below: -
Once you have received confirmation that your child/ren is/are entitled to FSM you must notify the school by scanning and emailing confirmation to email@example.com for the attention of FSM Admin.
The benefits which entitle students to free school meals are as follows:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job-Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2023.