Joining George Green's School
At George Green’s, we pride ourselves on our passion for learning, our rich learning environment and high standards of teaching and support that allow students to achieve excellent results and become high achieving, independent learners.
Parents choose our school because we strive for the highest standards, providing our students with an exceptional experience of quality teaching, enriching opportunities and instilling the traditional values of-work. As such, our staff must aspire to deliver excellence in education.
A career at George Green’s School offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real change to the lives and outcomes of our young learners. We understand the importance of providing a positive workforce for our staff, which takes pride in engaging students and ensuring they reach their potential. As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
Investing in you
- Dedicated CPD service including: timetabled mentoring for NQT;s, group sessions and dedicated CPL sessions for NQT teachers, leadership programmes, external training sessions including Aspiring Middle Leaders and MPQSML, peer reviews with primary and secondary schools in local borough, tiered TRL and transition day for new starters in September
- Early paid start from July
- Free parking
- Performance bonus
- Free yoga and Zumba classes for staff
- Free breakfast and coffee daily
- Staff wellbeing programme
- A strong, supportive teaching culture
- Pilot schemes to focus on areas of improving the work life balance for staff
- Exciting development and teaching opportunities with our partners in City of London and Canary Wharf.
Our prized, historic location on the River Thames provides endless prospects for our members of staff:
- A diverse and vibrant borough; are only 15 minutes from the centre of London. We are well connected and serviced by DLR, tube, bus; you can also catch a cable car, descent into Greenwich foot tunnel and even fly away to Europe for a long weekend via London City Airport
- Closely located to a hub of entertainment: Stratford shopping centre, Royal Naval College, the O2 arena , Greenwich and lush, green parks
- A diverse range of lively restaurants and pubs dotted throughout the area
What you can expect from us
Relationships between staff are based on mutual respect and development feedback. Senior leaderships are dedicated to empowering staff through clear leadership and recognising the potential and commitment of staff. At George Green’s School, staffs are valued.
“Almost all of the 125 staff who replied to Ofsted’s staff survey stated that they are proud to work at the school, and that their professional development is challenging and supportive”.